Richard D. Hulme, D.D.S., M.S.
A lifelong Texan, Dr. Richard D. Hulme was raised in Houston. He left Texas briefly to attend college at Brigham Young University, and then returned to pursue seven years of dental and orthodontic training at the nation's top dental school here in San Antonio.
Dr. Hulme was the Chief Resident of his orthodontic program. He is an excellent clinician. He is very personable and demonstrates a genuine interest in and concern for his patients.
Dr. Hulme is a member of numerous dental and orthodontic professional and research associations, including the San Antonio District Dental Society, Alamo Orthodontic Study Group and the local chapter of the American Association of Dental Research. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and was in the first class of orthodontists to be board certified during specialty training. Dr. Hulme enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, Boy Scouts (he is an Eagle Scout), church, music and sports.
As an additional benefit to our Spanish-speaking patients, Dr. Hulme is fluent in Spanish.
- Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics, The University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School, San Antonio, Texas (2005) http://devdent.uthscsa.edu/Orthodontics/
- Master of Science in Cellular & Structural Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, San Antonio, Texas (2005) http://gsbs.uthscsa.edu/
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School, San Antonio, Texas (2002) http://www.uthscsa.edu/academics/dental
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah (1998) www.byu.edu
Dr. Hulme considers it his personal obligation to provide the highest quality orthodontic care to his patients. He was among the first class of orthodontists to earn the prestigious board certification by the American Board of Orthodontics during specialty training. This attests to his commitment to orthodontic education and his ability to deliver quality patient care. Memberships in other organizations allow Dr. Hulme to stay on the cutting-edge of orthodontic advancements and technology.
Other affiliations include:
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Member, American Association of Orthodontists
- Member, Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Member, Texas Association of Orthodontists
- Member, Alamo Orthodontic Study Club
- Member, American Association of Dental Research
- Member, International Association of Dental Research
- Member, Charles H. Tweed International Foundation for Orthodontic Education and Research
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Texas Dental Association
- Member, San Antonio District Dental Society